Thursday, June 27, 2019

3D Printed White Board Marker and Eraser Holder

I used to use Expo white board markers.  They were just awful.  Even when new, the lines always looked faded and some colors of the ink were very difficult to erase from the board, even with the spray-on solvent.

I recently bought a 5 pack of Pilot BeGreen V Board Master markers.  OMG what a huge improvement!  The colors and lines are solid, and they all erase cleanly and easily using my old Expo eraser, a paper towel, or a rag.  The markers are refillable, but the refills cost more than buying new markers if you buy less than 12 of the same color at a time.  If you use a white board, get some!  And before you ask, no, I'm not being paid to say this.





I needed a shelf to hold the markers and an eraser (Expo!), so I spent 5 minutes in Fusion360 and designed a wall-mounted holder.

The holder prints upside down without any support material.  2 small screws or double sided tape will hold it on a wall or on your whiteboard.
 The CAD file is located here.

And here it is, in green ABS.
I may redesign it for use with suction cups...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments or a questions here and I'll try to post a response as soon as I can.